- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 35mm f/1.4
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.92 ft./0.28m
- Filter Size: 2.8 in./72mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 3.2 x 4.2 in., approx. 26.8 oz. / 80.4 x 105.5mm, approx. 760g
For brilliant landscapes, portraits and close-up photography, look no further than the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM. It helps provide a level of clarity and resolving power that can be an ideal complement to the latest generation of Canon's high-resolution SLRs. The EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM has an effective focal length of 35mm on full-frame cameras and 56mm on APS-C cameras, and helps capture beautiful detail with minimal chromatic aberration and color fringing thanks to Canon's new BR optics element. It also has a fast, 9-blade maximum aperture of f/1.4 for impressive performance in low-light conditions and beautiful, soft backgrounds. And, like other L-series lenses, the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM has dust and water sealing. Versatile, speedy and elegant, the EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM will delight photographers looking for a bright, sharp and responsive lens for their most important images.