The RX100 is a rare breed. It's got the convenience of a point-and-shoot for sure. But it's got features that you don't normally see in a camera this compact. The biggest eye-opener is a 1" Exmor CMOS sensor, which is almost two and a third times as large as most of the other sensors in the compact camera class. In combination with its light-sensitive Carl Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar T* f/1.8 - 4.9 lens, this camera is capable of taking vibrant, detailed pictures and video that will rival what you'd expect from a bigger, more expensive DSLR rig. Even in low light.
A control ring and a top-mounted mode-selector wheel lead off the DSLR-like control features on the RX100
It's all in the details
The lens has a 3.6X zoom range, so you don't have to be right next to your subject to get the framing you'd like. A control ring on the lens gives you access to intuitive manual adjustments. 1080/60p videos and 20.2-megapixel stills enjoy the benefits of DSLR-like program, aperture-priority, shutter-priority, and full manual modes (P/A/S/M). Plus, unlike most other cameras in its class, the RX100 will capture still shots in RAW mode, so you have extra information with which to pull the best possible image from your files.
Ready in moments
Tech features aside, you'll enjoy the pure spontaneous experience of having this camera available 24/7. As mentioned before, it fits in a jacket pocket. The ultra-high, 1229k-dot resolution WhiteMagic™ LCD display is specifically designed to be viewable in bright daylight. And the aluminum body is sleek, easy to handle, and tough.
- Superior Auto and P/A/S/M modes for both video and stills accommodate any skill level
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization for shake-free videos even while walking
- saves pictures as both JPEGs and RAW files
- advanced Exmor® 1" CMOS sensor for sharp photos even in low light
- manual focus assist via a "peaking" display that detects in-focus edges
- face detection controls focus and exposure for accurate portraits
- built-in flash
- digital level gauge to allow easier leveling of the camera
- scene recognition chooses the appropriate scene mode based on your subject and shooting environment
- Photo Creativity functions include: Picture Effect, Background Defocus, Color, Brightness, and Vividness
- multi-frame noise reduction shoots multiple images and layers them to produce a single noise-free image
- Intelligent Scene Recognition Mode detects 33 different types of scenes for photos and 44 scenes for movies, and then selects the appropriate camera settings