With a camera like the Nikon Coolpix B700, we tend to notice the powerful zoom lens first. And that's a reasonable reaction, because a 60X zoom lens can do wonders for your photography, by bringing the action closer than ever before. But that's not all this camera can do, not by a long shot. Dual Detect Vibration Reduction (VR) counteracts camera shake to keep your shots steady whether the subject is near or far, and a 20-megapixel backside illuminated CMOS sensor captures every detail, even in low light. Sure, it'll get you the photo you want of the skittish egret on the other side of the lake, but it'll produce warm, intimate portraits and rock-steady action shots as well.
Shoot 4K video
The B700 is an exceptional still-photo camera, but it's also a dynamite movie camera. Think 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) videos with stereo sound. The microphone changes directivity as you zoom — It will capture sound near you when the lens is at minimum extension, and pull in sound from farther away as you home in on something in the distance. And you can review your footage in the camera as you go, and delete anything you don't like, or debut your work for friends and family by connecting to an HDTV with an optional HDMI cable.
You call the shots
From the time you frame your shot until you share it, the Coolpix B700 gives you as much control as you're comfortable taking. Its swiveling screen allows for creative composition from a variety of perspectives, while its electronic viewfinder lets you line your shot up perfectly in any kind of lighting. The B700 knows all the right settings to use for most environments, so if you're not sure, let the camera optimize everything for you. Specialized scene modes dial in the perfect settings for capturing tricky subjects like fireworks and sunsets. When you're ready to step things up and create truly one-of-a-kind images, turn the mode dial to explore the camera's manual controls. Later, you can tweak your photos and add cool effects. Combine multiple exposures to create high-contrast HDR images, give your photos and videos an antique feel or turn them into illustrations, all right in the camera. The B700's shooting and editing features give you boundless options for creativity.
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for wireless operation and image transfer with mobile devices
- 3" vari-angle LCD screen with anti-glare coating and 6-level brightness adjustment
- NFC touch-pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- high-resolution eye-level viewfinder (EVF)
- mode dial for quick access to auto and manual shooting options
- continuous shooting lets you take up to 5 shots at a rate of approximately 5 frames per second
- Scene Auto Selector automatically optimizes camera settings for your shooting environment
- Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction reduces image blur and camera shake — equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed
- Best Shot Selector snaps several quick shots with a single press of the shutter button, so you can choose the best photo
- face priority autofocus
- Smart Portrait System uses automatic functions like Smile Mode and Blink Warning to ensure great portraits
- 21 scene modes including Party/Indoor, Sunset, and Pet Portrait use optimal settings for specific subjects and shooting environments
- subject tracking and target finding autofocus ensure accurate focus on the intended subject
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- high speed USB port (cable included)
- micro HDMI (Type D) output for viewing photos and videos on a TV (cable not included)
- standard 1/4" thread for tripod mounting
- 5"W x 3-7/16"H x 4-1/4"D
- weight: 20 oz.