If you can't get close enough with the Nikon Coolpix P520's incredible 42X zoom, maybe it's time to admit that some things are just too far away to photograph. Of course, with this powerful camera, those things will be few and far between. And once you're zoomed in nice and close on your subject, the P520 can record all those little details, to the tune of 18.1 megapixels. So you needn't be afraid of getting grainy photos as you zoom in to capture your child's facial expression from across the room or an architectural detail on a large building.
With powerful 42X optical zoom, the Coolpix P520 can get you incredibly close to faraway subjects.
Manual exposure controls
Not only does the P520 have first-class zoom capabilities, but a combination of easy automatic and sophisticated manual controls. Get creative and use the rear rotary dial to control aperture and shutter settings for softly blurred backgrounds or freezing fast action. Or keep it simple and shoot in full auto mode, with features like motion detection setting the proper exposure for you.
Built-in GPS and maps
It's one thing to be lost, and another thing to be confused about where you've been. The Coolpix P520 solves both of these problems with on-board GPS and mapping. Find your way to scenic views and historic landmarks. Then retrace your travels through your photos thanks to automatic location tagging.
Add Wi-Fi capability
You can easily transform the Coolpix P520 into a Wi-Fi-capable camera for wireless photo sharing and uploading. Just add the optional Nikon WU-1a wireless mobile adapter, and you'll be free to send photos and video to your Apple® or Android™ smartphone or tablet with Nikon's mobile app. Use can also use your compatible mobile device to control the P520, whether it's snapping the shutter or previewing shots from afar.
The P520's large, bright display pulls out for multi-angle shot setup and image viewing.
Large pull-out display
Shoot from odd angles and easily show off your photos to others with the P520's extra-large pull-out display. It features a five-setting brightness adjustment, perfect for reviewing shots in bright sunlight.
- built-in GPS tags your photos with location information and helps you find points of interest
- aperture-priority, shutter-priority, and manual exposure modes
- pull-out display with adjustable brightness gives you a clear view of photos and video
- add Wi-Fi compatibility for wireless sharing of photos and camera control with a smartphone or tablet (requires Nikon WU-1a wireless mobile adapter)
- optical image stabilization with vibration reduction for blur-free photos
- high-definition movie mode (up to 1080p resolution)
- continuous shooting captures up to 7 shots at 7 frames per second at full resolution
- Motion Detection automatically recognizes fast-moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and sensitivity
- Subject Tracking auto focus helps you stay locked on subjects as they move
- face priority autofocus, red-eye fix and Glamour Retouch for improved portraits
- built-in pop-up flash