Whether you're a veteran, a novice, or somewhere in-between, the Nikon Coolpix P610 has an arsenal of convenient features that make it great for any kind of photography. Its powerful wide angle to super telephoto lens has all the practical and creative potential of multiple lenses in one light package. With 60X optical zoom, you'll be able to get a detailed shot of your child's triumphant expression when she nails a difficult word at the spelling bee, or catch a butterfly fluttering across a field. You'll have lots of room to experiment with different focal lengths and get great results with interesting depth.
Tag your locations and share your adventures instantly
The Coolpix P610 is an excellent companion for traveling anywhere in the world. You don't have to leave your friends and family behind — Nikon's snapbridge technology uses Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing to send your photos and videos wirelessly to your compatible phone or tablet for instant sharing, even from remote locations. Preloaded points of interest help you find landmarks and scenic areas, and the camera's internal GPS mapping system records the precise location of every shot. When you're on a trip, GPS tagging lets you keep track of your route and what you saw at each point. When you're shooting closer to home, you can use it to remember exactly where you got that killer landscape shot so you can go back and record the changes at different times of day or during different seasons. Use Nikon's new time-lapse movie mode to combine these images into one breathtaking video.
You call the shots
From the time you frame your shot until you share it, the Coolpix P610 gives you as much control as you're comfortable taking. Its swiveling screen allows for creative composition from a variety of perspectives, while its electronic viewfinder lets you line your shot up perfectly in any kind of lighting. The P610 knows all the right settings to use for most environments, so if you're not sure, let the camera optimize everything for you. Specialized scene modes like Bird Watching and Moon Mode dial in the exact settings for capturing these tricky subjects. When you're ready to step things up and create truly one-of-a-kind images, turn the mode dial to explore the camera's manual controls. Later you can tweak your photos and add cool effects. Combine multiple exposures to create eye-popping HDR images, give your photos and videos an antique feel or turn them into illustrations, all right in the camera. The P610's shooting and editing features give you boundless options for creativity.
- Nikon snapbridge technology with Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing for wireless image transfer to smartphones and tablets (requires free Nikon app for Apple® and Android™)
- built-in GPS offers navigation, location tagging and photographic points of interest (POI)
- 3" vari-angle LCD screen with anti-glare coating and 6-level brightness adjustment
- high-resolution eye-level viewfinder (EVF)
- mode dial for quick access to auto and manual shooting options
- high-definition movie mode (up to 1080p resolution) with stereo sound
- continuous shooting lets you take up to 7 shots at a rate of approximately 7 frames per second
- Scene Auto Selector automatically optimizes camera settings for your shooting environment
- Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction reduces image blur and camera shake — equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed
- Dynamic Fine Zoom combines optical and precision digital zoom for up to 120X zoom with minimal image degradation
- Best Shot Selector snaps several quick shots with a single press of the shutter button, so you can choose the best photo
- face priority autofocus
- Smart Portrait System uses automatic functions like Smile Mode and Blink Warning to ensure great portraits
- 21 scene modes including Party/Indoor, Sunset, and Pet Portrait use optimal settings for specific subjects and shooting environments
- subject tracking and target finding autofocus ensure accurate focus on the intended subject
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- USB port for connecting to your computer
- micro HDMI (Type D) output for viewing photos and videos on a TV (cable not included)
- standard 1/4" thread for tripod mounting
- 4-15/16"W x 3-3/8"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 16.4 oz.