The Nikon Coolpix P900 has a record-breaking 83X zoom lens—the most powerful we've ever seen on a point-and shoot camera. It's a great wide-angle lens too, so the range of situations this camera can cover is practically boundless. With the zoom lens fully extended, you'll be able to see faraway details your eye can't even make out, so capturing dramatic action on the field all the way from the nosebleed section is certainly an option. It's hard to think of many circumstances where you'd ever need more than 83X zoom, but the P900's Dynamic Fine Zoom feature can double your reach to 166X with minimal image degradation just in case.
Designed with stability in mind
The Coolpix P900 uses a combination of features to combat image blur and give you sharper results when you're zoomed all the way in on a distant subject. Nikon's advanced Vibration Reduction simultaneously detects movements from the lens and image sensor to effectively minimize blur, while their intelligent autofocus system keeps you locked on your target. The P900's grip-style body and large lens barrel let you hold it securely with both hands, and using the viewfinder to frame your shot lets you bring your arms in close for added stability. For even more precise results, mount the P900 to a tripod and use the Nikon mobile app to turn your phone or tablet into a Wi-Fi remote to trigger the shutter.
Explore your options
The P900 has intriguing possibilities for photographers on all levels. The screen can be turned different ways so you can compose from creative angles or get a clear line of sight for a clutter-free image. If you have a specific look or feel in mind, in-camera editing effects let you fine-tune the photos you've taken, and manual controls let you set up your shots carefully for the results you want. If you don't know a lot about manual controls, the P900 makes a perfect starting point for unleashing your creative potential. When you'd prefer the camera to choose the settings, just turn the dial back to auto.
Shoot the moon, and catch a bird in the air
A selection of scene modes for specific subjects and environments gives you another way to control the look of your photos. Certain modes practically beg to be used at the P900's full zoom capacity. Moon mode makes it easy to get detailed images of the lunar disc, craters and all, and bird watching mode optimizes your ability to get sharp photos of these notoriously tricky subjects, even as they're taking flight.
Take it with you and share from anywhere
This camera has the range to ensure you won't miss any photo ops, so it's a smart choice for traveling. Its built-in GPS records the location of each shot, so you can sort your photos by where they were taken and find your way back to interesting locations. Preloaded points of interest enhance your travel experience by showing you nearby scenic and historic attractions. Nikon's snapbridge technology uses Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing to send your photos and videos wirelessly to your compatible phone or tablet so you can share them instantly from anywhere in the world.
- Nikon snapbridge technology with Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing for wireless image transfer to smartphones and tablets (requires free Nikon app for Apple® and Android™)
- built-in GPS offers navigation, location tagging and photographic points of interest (POI)
- 3" vari-angle LCD screen with anti-glare coating and 6-level brightness adjustment
- high-resolution eye-level viewfinder (EVF)
- mode dial for quick access to auto and manual shooting options
- high-definition movie mode (up to 1080p resolution) with stereo sound
- continuous shooting lets you take up to 7 shots at a rate of approximately 7 frames per second
- Scene Auto Selector automatically optimizes camera settings for your shooting environment
- Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction reduces image blur and camera shake — equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed
- Dynamic Fine Zoom combines optical and precision digital zoom for up to 166X zoom with minimal image degradation
- Best Shot Selector snaps several quick shots with a single press of the shutter button, so you can choose the best photo
- Smart Portrait System uses automatic functions like Smile Mode and Blink Warning to ensure great portraits
- 21 scene modes including Party/Indoor, Sunset, and Pet Portrait use optimal settings for specific subjects and shooting environments
- subject tracking and target finding autofocus ensure accurate focus on the intended subject
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- USB port for connecting to your computer
- micro HDMI (Type D) output for viewing photos and videos on a TV (cable not included)
- standard 1/4" thread for tripod mounting
- 5-1/2"W x 4-1/16"H x 5-11/16"D
- weight: 31.8 oz.