The Sony a6300 packs loads of imaging power in a compact, rugged frame. It's small and light enough to go with you anywhere. And thanks to its dust- and moisture-resistant design, you can use it in nearly any environment. A new 24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor helps the a6300 produce low-noise images. With its extended ISO (sensitivity) range and exquisite rendering of fine details, the a6300 is capable of remarkable performance in all kinds of lighting conditions.
Stay locked on target even when your subject is on the move
The a6300's highly responsive Fast Hybrid autofocus system with 425 phase detection points gives you clear action shots. It keeps moving subjects in sharp focus throughout the entire frame for pinpoint autofocus accuracy with still images and movies. Even if a selected AF point isn't positioned directly on your subject, the camera automatically uses AF points surrounding the selected point for precise focus.
Videographers, take note
The a6300 is capable of 4K and 120 fps Full HD video shooting with 4X/5X slow motion recording. In Super 35mm format, data is processed from every pixel for sharp, finely detailed footage. A multi interface shoe lets you connect professional microphone kits for balanced audio to match the video quality.
Advanced features like S-Gamut and S-Log shooting let you adjust color, gradation, and dynamic range for richly detailed movies, even when shooting in low light. The camera's clean HDMI output sends uncompressed movie data to an external recorder or monitor. You can keep recording internally to the camera even when using this function.
Your phone adds functionality
You can instantly transfer photos and videos shot on the a6300 directly to your phone or tablet for easy uploading and sharing. NFC touch pairing is available for compatible Android™ devices, and new QR code compatibility lets you quickly pair devices without NFC.
Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps include free and paid apps that complement your photographic style and interests. There's the indispensable Smart Remote Control app that lets you use your mobile device to control shooting on the a6300, along with specialized apps for things like light painting, time-lapse, stop motion, and multiple exposure, plus plenty of editing effects to fine-tune your photos and add your own personal touches.
The perfect walk-around lens
The included 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS retractable zoom lens has an equivalent focal length of 24-75mm on the a6300, making it useful in a variety of situations, from wide-angle landscape and architecture photography to detailed close-ups and portraits. Sony's Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps minimize the appearance of camera shake when working in low-light conditions and with higher zoom magnifications. The lens's slim design retracts down to 29.9mm, barely adding any bulk to the a6300's already low-profile body. The electronically driven zoom mechanism has silent, smooth operation so it's great for video. A dual-function control ring on the lens barrel handles zoom in autofocus mode, and manual control in manual focus mode.
- 24.2-megapixel Exmor® APS-C sensor for highly detailed images
- includes 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS retractable zoom lens with 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-75mm
- Wi-Fi connectivity and easy NFC pairing with compatible smart devices
- uses Sony E-mount lenses
- dust- and moisture-resistant tough magnesium alloy body
- robust lens mount withstands rugged use even with large, heavy telephoto lenses
- ultra-fast autofocus with BIONZ X™ processing engine
- ISO sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600, expandable to ISO 51200, for superior low-light imaging
- ISO Auto minimum shutter speed lets you set a shutter speed at which ISO sensitivity starts changing to prevent image blur (while in P or A mode, or in Multi Frame NR)
- 3" high-resolution (921k-dot) tilting LCD screen
- 2.36 million-dot Organic LED (OLED) super high-resolution electronic viewfinder for easy eye-level composition
- Bright Monitoring boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed
- 4K Ultra HD video recording with 100 Mbps maximum bit rate
- full HD 1080/60p video
- supports line input from professional audio devices with XLR terminal, with use of XLR adapter kit (sold separately)
- Gamma Display Assist lets you view video with natural contrast while recording in S-Log gamma setting
- enhanced Zebra function reliably warns you to avoid blown-out highlights when shooting video
- 425 phase-detecting AF points for more accurate focus throughout the frame
- enhanced Fast Hybrid AF system for precise movie AF; focuses in 0.05 seconds
- adjustable AF Drive Speed and AF Tracking Sensitivity let you manipulate focus for creative expression
- AF in Focus Magnifier lets you use AF even while enlarging a selected image on the viewfinder or LCD screen, for finer adjustment of focus
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on a moving subject automatically
- Expanded Flexible Spot function automatically detects surrounding AF points to restore focus instantly on moving subjects
- Eye AF (available in AF-C mode) automatically focuses on and tracks focus on a subjects eye as the face moves
- High-density Tracking AF Technology for reliable focus accuracy and tracking stability
- focal plane phase-detection AF for A-mount lenses when mounted using LA-EA3 lens adapter (not included)
- Silent Shooting mode uses an electronic shutter that cuts out shake caused by mechanical shutter movement
- built-in flash
- compatible with downloadable PlayMemories™ camera apps that help shoot, share and save photos using Wi-Fi
- high-speed live-view continuous shooting up to 11 frames per second
- uncompressed, clean HDMI output (cable not included) supports 4K and full HD
- power supply via USB connection to PC or mobile battery conserves camera battery
- rechargeable NP-FW50 battery
- make external connections to computers and monitors with included micro USB cable
- 5-3/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 2-1/8"D
- weight: 14.25 oz. (with battery)