Sony's original DSC-RX100 camera has been a favorite among photography enthusiasts since it came out. And Sony keeps adding cool features with each subsequent release. The updated RX100 V is the fastest version yet. A large sensor, blazing-fast processor, and fast wide-angle zoom lens add huge imaging power to this little camera.
Its Fast Hybrid autofocus system can lock onto your subject in as little as .05 seconds, and it can do an astonishing 24 frames per second of continuous shooting at full resolution. Powerful tracking performance gives you clear, sharp action photos and smooth videos at up to 4K resolution.
Slow down time
The RX100 V's processing speed lets you take high-speed photos and slow-motion video. You can freeze objects in motion with electronic shutter speeds up to 1/32,000 seconds, or slow down time with 40X super-slow-motion HD video capability. The RX100 V can record at up to 1,000 frames per second for up to eight seconds, for over five minutes of slow-motion video. You can capture fleeting moments like fireworks bursting in midair, or a butterfly flapping its wings, and watch the action unfold in ways you've never seen before.
A maximum aperture of f/2.8 at the telephoto end of the attached 24-70mm zoom lens enables fast, blur-free shooting and lovely background defocusing. A close minimum focusing distance of just under two inches at the wide end makes the RX100 V great for macro and close-up work, and its short zoom range makes it optimal for landscapes and portraits. You can shoot wide open in extremely bright light and get well-exposed images with defocused backgrounds like you never thought possible thanks to the added speed of the electronic shutter and a built-in neutral density filter.
A lens-mounted control ring gives you added command over manual controls and lets you adjust different features and functions like step-zooming. Smooth, quiet operation lets you use the control ring while shooting video as well.
Add functionality with your phone
You can instantly transfer photos and videos shot on the RX100 V to your phone or tablet for easy uploading and sharing. NFC touch pairing is available for compatible Android™ devices, and new QR code compatibility lets you quickly pair devices without NFC. Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps include free and paid apps that complement your photographic style and interests.
The Smart Remote Control app lets you use your mobile device to control shooting. And there are specialized apps for things like light painting, time-lapse, stop motion, and multiple exposure, plus plenty of editing effects to fine-tune your photos and add your own personal touches.
- 20.1-megapixel effective recording
- bright f/1.8-2.8 24-70mm (35mm equivalent) ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- large 1" (13.2 x 8.8mm) Exmor RS® back-illuminated CMOS sensor for low noise and exceptional sensitivity
- BIONZ X image processor for high-resolution, low-noise photos and fast autofocus performance
- new AF-A mode automatically switches between single area and continuous autofocus modes in different shooting conditions
- records photos and video onto optional SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, and Memory Stick® PRO Duo™ media
- up to 24 frames per second continuous shooting at full resolution
- high-resolution 3" LCD screen (1.2 million dots) tilts 180 degrees upward or 45 degrees downward to allow for easy self-portrait framing and composition from difficult angles
- retractable 2.4-million-dot OLED viewfinder
- up to 4K video resolution
- shutter speed range: 30-1/2,000 seconds, bulb
- up to 1/32,000 seconds with electronic shutter; for clear fast-action photos and slow motion video
- variable ISO settings from ISO 125-12,800
- Wi-Fi lets you transfer photos and video to smartphones and tablets for easy sharing
- NFC touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- PlayMemories Camera Apps let you add new camera functions and capabilities
- manual control ring can be assigned to control different functions, including zoom, aperture value, and picture effects
- seven aperture blades allow smooth background defocusing
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- Optical SteadyShot® minimizes image blur and camera shake
- face detection and subject tracking improve portraits and keep moving subjects in focus for sharper photos
- high-speed autofocus
- 9 scene modes (including Macro, Night Portrait, Landscape and more) for accurately exposed images in different shooting environments
- Picture Effect modes like Soft Focus and Retro Photo let you add creative touches
- Sweep Panorama mode stitches images together to create expansive vistas
- digital level gauge helps you line your shots up evenly
- built-in flash
Connections and Dimensions:
- micro HDMI output (cable not included)
- high-speed micro USB interface
- 4"W x 2-3/8"H x 1-5/8"D
- weight (with battery and memory card): 10.5 oz.