The Canon EOS Rebel T7i has all the features experienced photographers need, plus some great extras for new photographers. Its 24.2-megapixel image sensor and DIGIC 7 processor give you the speed and versatility you need to create dynamic, high-resolution photos and movies.
A lifeline for beginners
Canon's convenient new Feature Assistant user interface walks you through different camera features, so you can learn how different settings affect your images. Master the nuances of aperture, shutter speed, and more, with helpful graphics and descriptions to guide you.
Intuitive framing and focusing
The T7i's optical viewfinder lets you keep your eye on your subject at all times. A rotating touchscreen monitor makes it easy to compose from different angles and allows for intuitive operation — just select the subject you want to focus on with a quick tap.
Keep up with the action
The T7i's Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system enables fast, smooth focusing in Live View mode and during movie shooting, where quick focus is essential. Movie focus is natural and precise, even when switching between subjects. The T7i's 45-point autofocus system for viewfinder shooting excels in challenging light and allows four types of AF area selection modes for different situations. This agile camera can capture sharply focused action sequences at up to six frames per second.
Put your vision in motion with Full HD video recording
If you're new to videography, the T7i is a great camera to learn on, plus it's fun to use. It records Full HD movies in MP4 format for easy sharing. Touch-activated autofocus and manual controls make it easy to adjust settings on the fly. An external microphone jack lets you connect an outboard mic for superb sound quality.
Add one of Canon's USM (Ultrasonic Motor) lenses for near-silent movie focus. Five-axis digital image stabilization minimizes camera shake, so you can capture video on foot and get results that won't make you seasick.
Wireless convenience and control
The T7i's Wi-Fi lets you upload and share photos and videos in a matter of moments. You can exchange data with other Canon cameras, play back images and movies on a Smart TV, and print directly to a Wi-Fi printer. Canon's free Camera Connect app lets you manage photos and videos taken with the T7i on your phone or tablet. Use your device to see what the camera sees, trigger the shutter remotely, and even change settings on the T7i.
- 24.2-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (22.5 x 15 mm)
- compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus provides exceptionally fast and accurate autofocus performance while using live view or shooting video
- high-def movie mode with sound (up to 1080p at 60 frames per second)
- 3.0", 1.04-million-dot vari-angle tilt-and-swivel LCD touchscreen with brightness control
- pentamirror optical viewfinder
- built-in Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing for easy sharing and control from smart devices
- Bluetooth® low energy provides a constant connection to your compatible device with Canon Connect app
- Canon's latest DIGIC 7 image processor with improved AF tracking for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- 45-point autofocus system with all cross-type sensors for rapid, precise focusing
- 4 AF area selection modes for different shooting situations (user-selectable Single-point AF, Zone AF, Large Zone AF, and 45-point AF auto selection)
- built-in flash with flash exposure compensation
- self-cleaning sensor activates when the camera powers on or off to remove dust for spot-free images
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 6 frames per second
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-25,600, expandable to 51,200
- shooting modes: auto (stills and movie), creative auto, program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual (stills and movie), bulb, custom setting
File Formats and Storage:
- still image storage modes: RAW, JPEG, or RAW+JPEG
- top JPEG resolutions (pixels): 6,000 x 4,000
- movie file formats: MOV (Video: H.264, Sound: Linear PCM)
- movie image size: up to 1,920 x 1,080 resolution (up to 60 frames per second)
- accepts optional SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB interface (cable not included)
- mini HDMI (Type C) output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm external stereo microphone input jack (microphone not included)
- 5-3/16"W x 3-15/16"H x 3"D (without lens)
- weight (with battery and memory card): 19.05 oz.