Small but tough, Sony's dust- and moisture-resistant a6500 mirrorless camera can go anywhere you go. Its tilting touchscreen allows easy composition and intuitive shooting. Touch anywhere on the screen to focus, even when you're looking through the viewfinder. You can shift focus smoothly by swiping your finger across the touchscreen.
A steady shooter
A built-in five-axis image stabilization system helps you take tack-sharp photos and shake-free videos. This powerful system compensates for camera shake from five directions, giving you freedom to shoot handheld, zoom in on distant subjects, and capture sharp images in low light.
Keep up with moving subjects
The a6500 is capable of producing consistently clear, sharp action shots. Its Fast Hybrid autofocus system lets the camera achieve focus in as little as .05 seconds. High-density Tracking technology activates autofocus points to track moving subjects throughout the entire frame for pinpoint accuracy in still images and movies.
Advanced features for videographers
The a6500 records video in Full HD and 4K. In Super 35mm format, data is processed from every pixel for sharp, finely detailed footage. You can connect professional microphone kits for balanced audio to match the video quality. S-Gamut and S-Log shooting let you adjust color, gradation, and dynamic range for richly detailed movies, even in low light. A clean HDMI output sends uncompressed movie data to an external recorder or monitor. You can keep recording internally to the camera even when using this function.
Add functionality with your phone
You can instantly transfer photos and videos shot on the a6500 to your phone or tablet for easy uploading and sharing. NFC touch pairing is available for compatible Android™ devices, and new QR code compatibility lets you quickly pair devices without NFC. Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps include free and paid apps that complement your photographic style and interests.
The Smart Remote Control app lets you use your mobile device to control shooting. And there are specialized apps for things like light painting, time-lapse, stop motion, and multiple exposure, plus plenty of editing effects to fine-tune your photos and add your own personal touches.
- 24.2-megapixel Exmor® APS-C sensor for highly detailed images
- uses Sony E-mount lenses
- includes 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens (equivalent focal length: 27-202mm)
- Wi-Fi connectivity and NFC touch pairing with compatible smart devices
- five-axis in-body image stabilization for blur-free photos and video
- tough, dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy body
- robust lens mount withstands rugged use even with large, heavy telephoto lenses
- ultra-fast autofocus with BIONZ X™ processing engine
- new LSI processor for high-speed operation and improved performance at high ISO settings
- ISO sensitivity range from ISO 100-25600, expandable to ISO 51200, for superior low-light imaging
- 3" high-resolution (921k-dot) tilting LCD touchscreen
- 2.36 million-dot Organic LED (OLED) super high-resolution electronic viewfinder for easy eye-level composition
- Bright Monitoring boosts image brightness by changing shutter speed
- 4K Ultra HD video recording with 100 Mbps maximum bit rate
- full HD 1080/120p video
- supports line input from professional audio devices with XLR outputs, with use of XLR adapter kit (sold separately)
- Gamma Display Assist lets you view video with natural contrast while recording in S-Log gamma setting
- enhanced Zebra function warns you to avoid blown-out highlights when shooting video
- 425 phase-detecting AF points for more accurate focus throughout the frame
- enhanced Fast Hybrid AF system for precise movie AF; focuses in 0.05 seconds
- adjustable AF Drive Speed and AF Tracking Sensitivity let you manipulate focus for creative expression
- AF in Focus Magnifier lets you use AF even while enlarging a selected image on the viewfinder or LCD screen, for finer adjustment of focus
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on a moving subject automatically
- Expanded Flexible Spot function automatically detects surrounding AF points to restore focus instantly on moving subjects
- Eye AF (available in AF-C mode) automatically focuses on and tracks focus on a subjects eye as the face moves
- High-density Tracking AF Technology for reliable focus accuracy and tracking stability
- Silent Shooting mode uses an electronic shutter that cuts out shake caused by mechanical shutter movement
- built-in flash
- compatible with downloadable PlayMemories™ camera apps that help shoot, share and save photos using Wi-Fi
- high-speed live-view continuous shooting up to 11 frames per second
- uncompressed, clean HDMI output (cable not included) supports 4K and full HD
- power supply via USB connection to PC or mobile battery conserves camera battery
- rechargeable NP-FW50 battery
- make external connections to computers and monitors with included micro USB cable
- 5-3/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 2-1/4"D
- weight: 16 oz. (with battery)